Monday, September 9, 2013

Tutus with a Twist

I had a tutu when I was a little girl, it was a giant pink scratchy thing that I wore until the tulle was falling off of the waistband.  Now that tutus are all the rage again for little girls it is time they were updated. I went with a theme for each one based on fun fabrics I found.

   Tutu number one was a hello kitty rock star fabric in two different colors, along with two different fun prints. I filled in the tutu with lots of ribbons, lace and a little tulle to give it some more volume.









 The result was a super fun and a little funky, after all being girly is a lot more than just wearing pink!




 Tutu number two was rainbows and ladybugs. I chose just two fabrics for this one with a rainbow of tulle and ribbons for lots of fun and volume. This little lady just turned one and she had to show up in style for her first birthday party.






Shimmied just a little too hard!
Modeling with her very best hula shimmy



Happy birthday little Miss Daphne!!!

2 comments:

  1. My grandbabies are so lucky to have Aley in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Yes as a little girl Aley was a fairy princess almost year-round! Good description of the creative side of making them...it helps me visualize how fun these kiddos must be having wearing them! Excellent Aley! <3 mom

    ReplyDelete