Friday, September 6, 2013

The ultimate Thomas cupcake cake

I loved this cake. The night I made it I kept checking the fridge going "damn, that's awesome".
Pull apart cupcake cakes, are like the best idea ever for a child's birthday party. I made the cupcake's with half chocolate fudge and the other half butter cake so there was something for everyone. My husband carefully broke 3 dozen pretzel sticks trying to get them to be the perfect length for Thomas and Rosie to ride on. I will say there is a ridiculous amount of frosting on this cake and probably too much food coloring but hey you only turn 2 once right? Several people asked me where I got it or how much I payed for it, which is the ultimate compliment to any DIYer.
Well almost the ultimate, this look on Sawyer's face as he devoured the cupcake was probably the best compliment ever :)


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for that amazing cake. Sawyer really loved it and it meant so much to our family. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete