Friday, August 23, 2013

My fortune cookie told me to. . .

I've been debating some time on starting a blog, or a website, or an Etsy shop and I finally decided to just do it! Quite honestly my fortune cookie told me to " Take a risk on a chance you have been considering". So I did and I am! This is mainly just a place for me to share all of my DIY adventures and creative struggles. Over the past few years I have had some serious health issues, some mental and some physical, and as cheesy as it sounds crafts gave me purpose. While on bed rest twisting the hundreds of button stems for my bouquets made me feel like I was accomplishing something. That's what my projects do for me, a kind of DIY therapy if you will. 

 One of the 3 bridesmaid bouquets.

Now I'm attempting to put myself out there with my passion. It is terrifying to say the least, I wait with baited breathe every time I give a homemade gift and now I'm actually encouraging people to judge it, buy it, and brag about it. For now I'm selling locally, the thought of messing with credit cards and return policies is a whole new kind of scary. Hey, baby steps right? Next step is uploading and sharing all of my projects so you guys can see what has got me here.

1 comment:

  1. May you enjoy much success in something you love so much and are so gifted in! <3 U, Mom

    ReplyDelete